I was inspired by Gert and decided to make my own version. I have some leftover whole grain cereal with oats and almonds that no one wants to eat anymore so I thought this would be the perfect crispy coating for my chicken strips. If you have any cereal left at home, use it to coat your chicken, it is the perfect way to use it up. I used very simple seasoning grinders that I have at home, you can season yours however you liked too. My cereal is slightly sweet so my baked chicken strips turned out to be crunchy sweet. It's good eating like this without any dipping sauce. My girls totally loved it. Crunchy Crunch and Crispy Crisp!
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- Olive oil
- Italian herbs seasoning grinder
- Spicy sea salt grinder
- Steakhouse seasoning grinder
- Kosher salt
- Cereal (cornflakes type) of your choice (mine has almonds, oats and cornflakes in it), crushed
1. In a bowl, add in chicken strips and (A). Stir with a spoon to mix well and let it marinade overnight (or few hours) in the refrigerator.
2. Preheat oven to 400'F. Prepare a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Spray the foil with canola oil spray. Set aside.
3. In another plate, add the crushed cereal. Use your hand to take a piece of the chicken strip and coat it well with the crushed cereal and place it on the greased foil pan. Finish all the chicken strips.
4. Bake in preheated 400'F oven for 10 minutes. Serve hot or warm.
I am also submitting my recipe to the Original Recipe event hosted by Lore at Culinarty. Check out others' recipes at the third week of the month.