Friday, December 05, 2008

Tofu & Corns Soup



I made a big pot of chicken stock for my noodle soup the other day. Had some leftover chicken stock for my tofu and corns soup the next day. I love to make this soup with my leftover chicken stock as the soup will be very sweet and pretty healthy for the kids, considering tofu and corns were used.



Ingredients:

Chicken stock, homemade or can
2 eggs, beaten

Soft or silken tofu

1 can of creamy sweet corns

1 can of sweet corns, drained or 1 cup of frozen corns


Thickener:
2 Tbsp. Potato starch (or cornstarch) + water

Method:

1. In a stock pan, add in all the ingredients, except beaten eggs.

2. Let it boil, turn the heat to off and add in the beaten eggs slowly. Keep stirring and add in the thickener. Serve hot.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

good sharing....
will try it soon :P

Dwiana P said...

doesn't this sound good during this cold weather? you betcha:) thanks for sharing dear.

Pearl said...

i make a soup similar to this, but will use leftover baked chicken or ham instead of tofu :)

Jin Hooi said...

hubby love chicken and corn soup .. not sure if he will like tofu & corn soup though ;-) should give this healthy soup a try !!

Anonymous said...

Nice Photo. Very corny...get it corny.

tigerfish said...

Look like those served in traditional Chinese restaurant.

ICook4Fun said...

Corn and tofu. Two of my fav ingredients in soup. What can be better than a pipping hot soup in this cold winter :)

Anonymous said...

Wah this pot of soup looks yummy. Great to have this on a rainy days.

Noob Cook said...

wow... looks so rich and nutritious... I love tofu and corn as well :)

Anonymous said...

I make soup with tofu and corns as well but a lazy version with condensed soup when I'm in a rush to prepare dinner after work. I like to add carrot in cubes as well, nice color and yummy