Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ground Meat Wontan Noodle



This is one of my lazy night dinners. I would store some dried wontan noodle (egg noodle) in my pantry for a day I bought some ground turkey. This noodle dish is very simple, only few ingredients needed, dried egg noodle, ground turkey or meat of your choice, dried Chinese mushroom and garlic. And the result would be a satisfying meal.

Ingredients:

Egg noodle (about 6 bundles), boiled in boiling water until cooked, drained and set aside.
Ground turkey (about 1/2 pound) or ground meat of your choice.

Chopped Chinese mushroom (About 6-8, soaked in warm water until soften)

2 cloves of garlic, chopped

Oyster sauce

Dark soy sauce

A little sugar


Method:

1. In a heated oil, add cooking oil. Add ground turkey and garlic, stir-fry until the meat is cooked. Add mushroom and stir-fry well.

2. Add drained noodle and stir well. Season with sauces and a little water if needed. Dish out and serve with chili of your choice.

10 comments:

daphne said...

What a great festive idea to use leftovers too!!

@ GiGi House of Beauty said...

wow! looks so easy yet yummy!! 为什么在美国时我从没有想到要弄这一道面?好开胃哦!尤其是那个蒜头,炒得很garing耶!在冷冷的冬天,来一盘热腾腾的面条,WAH SEH!

Pearl said...

i love those noodles!

Retno Prihadana said...

Ooo..ching,even you called it lazy dinner, it does look delicious!

ICook4Fun said...

I never try frying wanton noodle before. Its must be good. At a glance I thought it was Yee Mee :)

Dwiana P said...

I never know that this kind of noodles called wontan noodle. but I do like this noodle. The fact is I am going to cook noodle right now:)

Anonymous said...

This looks delicious!

Big Boys Oven said...

Iwonder how the wanton noodle will taste compare those we have here? or yours may taste like the Hong Kong ones. hmmmmm..... I wish to taste your delicious wanton noodle!

WEIFENG said...

hmmm..looks delicious..do I have to season the meat if I were to use pork or chicken?

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks ladies!

BBOven,
The texture of the noodle definitely taste a little different because I used the dried one instead of the fresh one.

Hi Savourycook,
Yes, I would season the meat/chicken first.