Saturday, December 20, 2008

Cream Cheese Thumb Print Cookies



Guess what? I decided to play with my cookie dough recipe again. I substituted some butter with cream cheese and came out with this. The dough came out to be a little hard to manage, I couldn't roll it out without breaking the dough. So, it was very hard to cut it with a cookie cutter, so I had to change my method. Hence, I rolled it into a ball and press a thumb print in the middle (follow the thumb print cookie method), even that the dough was very difficult to handle. Look at the above picture you would know, the dough cracks like that even before baking. I used raspberry preserve for my cookie. Surprisingly it came out pretty good because it was all in our tummies already. I won't be sharing the recipe though because I am not sure about this recipe.

9 comments:

Pearl said...

ooh i've heard of replacing some butter with cream cheese, although i don't think it made that much of a difference in my dough (but i was using it for other recipes).

the raspberry jam is so bright and your cookies look great! did your lovely daughters help you bake them?

Pearl said...

btw - what type of camera do you use?

Anonymous said...

They look delicious though. :)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Yes Pearl, my elder girl helped me shape the cookies. Oh, the camera I owned already discontinue. It's just an average one, not Nikon or Canon.

Thanks Cooking Ninja. Actually tasted pretty good too, I think is the combination of the jam and cream cheese flavor.

Beachlover said...

look good thou!! wouldn't mind to grab one now!

Ling's Passion said...

Your cookies looks yummy. Wishing you and family Merry Christmas.

ICook4Fun said...

I am so lazy. I have yet to bake a single cookie for X'mas :)

Jo said...

the cookie looks yummy though even if you had tweaked the recipe somewhat.

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious!