Sunday, March 23, 2008

Cream Cheese Bread Take 3



Finally I did it. This is the texture that I was seeking, soft and fluffy! Thanks Cocoa for her pointer. At first, I was thinking of using the dough cycle and shape and prove the dough myself. But the weather was just not cooperating today. It was snowing and cold and I had no patient to wait and play with the dough. So this method was applied, way easier too. :P


Looking good right?


Soft and fluffy! Yipee!



Original recipe is by Yani posted at myrecipe.org. Below is my modified version:

Ingredients:

160ml water
1 1/2 Tbsp. fat free milk powder
2 oz. cream cheese (1/4 block)
1 Tbsp. butter
3 tsp. white sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup bread flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp. instant yeast

Method:

Put in according to your bread machine, the ingredients above is according to my bread machine. Set the bread machine to 1.5lb, light crust and basic cycle. The bread will be ready in 3 hours.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on ur success! It looks really yummy!

ting said...

hi,

The bread looks really fluffy this time round, great! Have you heard about making bread using the 65 deg C tang zhong? I've read that it makes super soft and fluffy breads! If you do try it, remember to post it up okay :)

Ling's Passion said...

Congrates, your bread looks perfect.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks BlurMommy!

Thanks Ting. Yes, I have heard of 65'C tang zhong. BUT, me lazy leh, too lazy to take the extra step to make the 65'c tang zhong to make bread. :P

Thanks Ling!

Beachlover said...

wow!I always admire your bread making..always success!!look soft and yum yum.Anyway,I just visit Bake wt Yen and bought plenty of baking material..hahaha!!bread improvement and Green tea powder!!The cashier ring up RM 220 for all my purchase!!.I better make some bread soon.lol!!

cocoa said...

Take 3.. finally you make it! Looks really soft and fluffy yeah!

daphne said...

Oh wow. I can just imagine your house these days. Always smelling so good with the warm scent of bread!

SIG said...

Wow! Congratulations!

Edith said...

Ching, my next project after mochi bread. hehe. Yours look truly soft and fluffy. Bet my kids will love it.

Sweet Jasmine said...

wow...lovely bread...hmm i'm so tempted to buy a breadmaker....now..

ting said...

Haha same here, me lazy too! Maybe will try when I have more time! Making bread manually takes alot of time ;p

Little Corner of Mine said...

Yay Beachlover! A nice little shop to buy the baking supplies stuff huh? You didn't go "look see look see" the one down the row ah? Now you are set to bake and play on the "toys" you bought!

Thanks cocoa. Yes, this is better than the first two but cannot called this whole wheat bread since bread flour is mixed in.

Daphne, hmmm... I don't think my house smells of bread when the bread is baked in a breadmaker leh.

Thanks D! :)

Thanks E! Mochi bread is totally new to me, wish I could have tried some.

Thanks Sweet Jasmine. Actually breadmaker is a good investment. Can make kaya also.

Ting ah, you make and then post it in your blog ya. I'm too lazy to even attempt it. :P

Lia said...

i love to try ur bread looks moist on the texture, yummm

Beachlover said...

I dunno how to go to Taman megah in PJ,so I found Bake wt Yen branch in KL,it's quite big and busy,just near chow kit rd.Bake wt Yen have 4 branhces here..

Little Corner of Mine said...

Yes Lia, do try it!

Oic Beachlover. I didn't even know there are 4 branches of Bake with Yan! Wow, so many branches, must be good business. Just glad that you get to go. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi,

May i know what bread maker u are using?

thanks

Little Corner of Mine said...

I'm using the Sunbeam breadmaker that I bought in WalMart.