Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Citrusy Tuna Shell Pasta



I haven't made this dish for almost nine years. This is one of my oldest recipes that doesn't look quite appealing but will leave you wanting for more. That was the reason I wanted to make it again because I couldn't stop thinking about it! Why wait until now was because I don't normally buy can tuna, like hardly ever, thus didn't get a chance to make it. But when craving strikes, I just have to make an effort to get those can tuna. I will share my recipe with you and hope you will like it too.


Top with Mozzarella Cheese before serving. You can add some crumbs and bake in the oven to melt the cheese too.



Ingredients:

Shell Pasta, about 5-6 cups
2 cans of Light Tuna in water
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice from 1/2 lemon
5 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
1 small box of frozen cream corns/corns/mixed veggies/peas & carrots
Dried Basil
Dried Parsley
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 tsp. chicken granules (optional)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Kick it up a notch: crushed red peppers

Method:

1. Boil the shell pasta until cooked, drain and set aside.

2. Heat a saucepan with olive oil in medium heat and add garlic. Saute until slightly brown, add lemon zest and fry a little. Add tuna, corns and lemon juice, fry well. Add pasta and stir to mix well. Season with chicken granules, dried parsley and basil. Lastly, add salt & pepper to taste.

3. Before serving, top with mozzarella cheese (or cheese of your desired) and sprinkle of crushed red peppers. The above picture was without the crushed red peppers reserved for Evy.

17 comments:

Big Boys Oven said...

oh this is nice, I like this pasta so simple and yet tasty! so yummmmmy!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mandy said...

I used to make this pasta salad a lot when I was in secondary school. Seeing this dish here certainly recalled all the great time I had. :)

Yee said...

Yum! I can tell, my kids are going to like this dish. Thanks for sharing this recipe, C.
~Louisa

tigerfish said...

9 years??!!!
That's really a long-kept recipe.
Citrus entices me always.

Unknown said...

Gorgeus! i hv a friend who's crazy abt corn and she puts corn in everything, including pasta...this reminds me of her...hehehe..must be yummyyy

daphne said...

ooo.. I haven't made this for ages too. =) thanks for reminding me.

SIG said...

Wow, sounds like a recipe with very basic ingredients. Thanks!

Lia said...

yummmm ^_^

Nilmandra said...

Lovely! I can't believe it's been so long since you made this! :D I like to add sundried tomatoes to mine some times, for an added zesty flavour.

Beachlover said...

waaaa...so long didn't eat western pasta liao!!..look good man!!don't worried the look doesn't count,taste that matter!!

Unknown said...

i stuffed my shells with mac and cheese but the kids did not eat any. next party, just leave a big bowl of candies - kau teem

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks BBOven. I didn't know this pasta is actually pretty common. :P

Thanks Shannon. :)

Wow Mandy, this is really an old recipe.

You're welcome Louisa! Hope your kids like it.

Yes, it has been ages since I make this. The lemon zest and juice really flavor this otherwise boring pasta an extra kick.

Thanks Rita. I added corn just because I have it in the freezer. :P

You're welcome daphne.

You're welcome D, it's really simple.

Thanks Lia.

Hi Nilmandra, yes, it's really ages ago. Sundried tomatoes sounds great, really need to put it on my shopping list.

Thanks beachlover! You don't worry about the western pasta, just keep eating the M'sian mee and delicious food. :)

Hahaha lily. Next time, just make cheese pizza lah, sure everyone eats one, even adults.

ICook4Fun said...

I like this kind pasta too especially when it with sauce. I really like this recipe of yours. Going to make it one day. Thanks for the recipe.

Sweet Jasmine said...

wah...very nice cookup with pasta shells...i have been cooking some sphagetti for days already ....this will be my next one for son's midnight supper at work.....my easy peasy pasta dishes will be up my blog next...look it up...today i will be frying fettucini asian style for him to bring to work....

Little Corner of Mine said...

You're welcome Gert. Hope you like it but this one has no sauce.

Thanks Sweet Jasmine. Will sure visit your blog for your easy peasy pasta recipe! :)

Retno Prihadana said...

Interesting recipe Ching, thank you for sharing.