Made this yesterday. Got the inspiration from Food Blog: A Spoonful of Sugar. But I didn't use her recipe, I used my banana cake recipe, cut down on the oil and followed her chocolate chips technique to make marble.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp. banana essence
1/2 cup cooking oil
1 1/2 cup mashed banana (or 3 bananas)
2 large eggs
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or you can use Secret Baker baking chocolate bar for more intense flavor, about 4 cubes).
1. Preheat oven to 350'F. Grease the 2 lb loaf pan (very important to grease it).
2. Mixed flour, baking soda & powder and salt in a bowl. Cream the rest of the ingredients together in another big bowl except chocolate chips.
3. Microwave the chocolate chips for 1 min. Stir until melted and leave to cool.
4. Add the flour mixture into the wet mixture. Mixed well. Scoop out 1/3 of this mixture and mixed in the melted chocolate, stir to mix well.
5. Place alternate spoonfuls of the plain and chocolate mixtures in the loaf pan. Swirl the batters with a knife to make marble pattern, all corners as well.
6. Bake for one hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 mins before remove and cool completely on wire rack. Best eaten the next day.