With the frozen bananas and carrot pulp in the freezer, I thought of why not just combined the two? Hence, this muffin was created. It took the fragrant of banana and not a bad eat I tell you. This muffin cup that I used made a big muffin so my girls only had half as their breakfast. I added walnut in this too!
I think the banana flavor stood up because I used canola oil (neutral) and all-purpose flour (neutral). It might taste and smell different with different oil and flour used for instance olive oil and whole wheat flour, might even have a different texture too.
Showing you the inside of this muffins. It's moist and soft with the fragrant of banana!
- 1 large brown egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. granulated cane sugar
- 1/2 cup organic milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup carrot pulps
- 2 thawed frozen bananas, smashed
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. In a large Pyrex bowl, add (A) while whisking according to list. Hand whisk would get the job done.
2. Then, add (B) and whisk to blend well. Preheat the oven to 350'F.
3. Lastly, add in chopped walnuts. Put the batter into muffin pan or cups (3/4 full).
4. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool on wire rack and store in an air-tight container. Best eaten within 3 days at room temperature or freeze some for later.
~Yield 9 large muffins as shown on picture. More in smaller paper cup (need less time too 25 minutes).