Sunday, October 14, 2012

Banana Carrot Pulp Muffins


With the frozen bananas and carrot pulp in the freezer, I thought of why not just combined the two?  Hence, this muffin was created.  It took the fragrant of banana and not a bad eat I tell you.  This muffin cup that I used made a big muffin so my girls only had half as their breakfast.  I added walnut in this too!

I think the banana flavor stood up because I used canola oil (neutral) and all-purpose flour (neutral).  It might taste and smell different with different oil and flour used for instance olive oil and whole wheat flour, might even have a different texture too. 


Showing you the inside of this muffins.  It's moist and soft with the fragrant of banana!



Ingredients:

(A)
  • 1 large brown egg
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. granulated cane sugar
  • 1/2 cup organic milk
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 cup carrot pulps
  • 2 thawed frozen bananas, smashed

(B)
  •  1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. sea salt

(C)
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Method:

1.  In a large Pyrex bowl, add (A) while whisking according to list.  Hand whisk would get the job done.

2.  Then, add (B) and whisk to blend well.  Preheat the oven to 350'F.

3.  Lastly, add in chopped walnuts.  Put the batter into muffin pan or cups (3/4 full).

4.  Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.  Cool on wire rack and store in an air-tight container.  Best eaten within 3 days at room temperature or freeze some for later.

~Yield 9 large muffins as shown on picture. More in smaller paper cup (need less time too 25 minutes).

11 comments:

daphne said...

indeed! it looks so moist! So easy with a melt and mix recipe too!

Beachlover's Kitchen said...

I like your idea to use carrot pulp..I always thrown away all the pulps after juice was extracted.Btw,I wonder why all the pix I saw making cuppies their beautiful cupcake paper look untouchable..when I make mine all the cuppie paper look so oily and brown:(

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks Daphne, I like this whisk and bake method too, so easy! ;)

Beachlover, now that you mentioned it, mine also oily and brown. Hahaha... I never really paid attention to it before. Perhaps some papercups have lining on it or it's the cake recipe itself. Think of it this way, it sucked up some of the oil so less oil goes into our bodies. :)

tigerfish said...

Bananas and walnut are always a classic combination. NOw you added the carrot pulp, makes it even better! Cos I know carrot and walnut is also classic combination in carrot cakes. :p

Food For Tots said...

Another great use of carrot pulps! I like to use bananas in making muffins too. They make the muffins moist and soft. Your muffins are such good addition to lunch box. ;)

Anonymous said...

I found your recipe today looking for a way to use some carrot pulp. I happened to have everything on hand and made a batch right away. DELICIOUS! So moist and tasty. And super easy. Thanks for sharing.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thank you for taking the time to feedback to me Anon. It makes my day! :)

Angela said...

We just made these and used a little more carrot than it calls for and 100% whole wheat flower. They turned out great and my 2 year old and 4 year old LOVED them.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Great to read that Angela and thank you for your feedback. I so glad your little ones loved them. :)

carin said...

This is great I will make this with my pulp so it doesnt go to waste!

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing this recipe. My husband and I juice allot so we have extra pulp all the time. I try to get the most out of the fruits and vegetables we juice by looking up recipes like this. Thank you again for being available.