Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Stir-Fried Baby Bok Choy


This is another easy stir-fried baby bok choy recipe.  Instead of par-boil it in water, I sometimes stir-fry it because I think it's easier and faster this way.  I just learned that this veggie is good for the eyes just like carrot.  So, for picky eater kids who don't like carrot, you can use this as a substitute.  And because it is like carrot, it is also better to stir-fry it in a little oil to bring out the nutrients.  How interesting eh!





Ingredients:

  • Baby bok choy, cut in half lengthwise and rinse and wash in running water
  • 3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 Tbsp. Chinese white rice wine
  • 1/4 tsp. salt, or to taste
  • 1/2 tsp. chicken granules (optional)
  • Cooking oil of your choice

Method:

1.  In a heated wok, add in cooking oil of your choice, about 2 Tbsp.  Add in garlic and fry until fragrant and slightly brown.

2.  Quickly add the baby bok choy, stir-fry well.  Add the Chinese rice wine and salt.  Stir-well.

3.  Add chicken granules if used.  Stir-fry well and serve hot.


7 comments:

Juliana said...

This is the way I like the veggies most of the time...simple and easy.
Hope you are having a wonderful week :)

Retno Prihadana said...

Tossss :) I made this also yesterday. Stir fried Bok choy with tofu ^^

tigerfish said...

Me too! There are mainly two ways I cook these veggies too - (1) parboil/blanch (2) stir-fry! :)

Food For Tots said...

Great! This one is just what I need for my eyes!!

Navaneetham Krishnan said...

One of the best greens and one of the best method of cooking, simple and quick.

Anh said...

This is the kind of recipe I love! :)

daphne said...

i like mine with carrots and garlic! It's my never fail chinese side dish! LOL