I loved pea sprouts!! This veggie is not cheap if we were to order it in a Chinese restaurant. It costs about $12 per plate. Other veggie is about $8. It is more expensive then other vegetable. I paid $3 to $4 for a box and it served one plate like the above picture. So, instead of ordering this veggie in the restaurant, I usually cook it at home for less than $5.
I usually cut the sprouts in half with a scissor as I found it to be easier to cook and eat. It also need quite a bit of oil to stir-fry this veggie, or else it will leave you with the unpleasant raw taste. If you master cooking this veggie at home, it can save you some money. :-P
- 1 box of pea sprouts, cut into half and wash in running water, set aside to drain
- 1 small piece of ginger, thinly sliced, keep to skin (less heaty)
- 3 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/8 cup of dried small shrimps, rinsed and drained
- Cooking oil of your choice
- 1 Tbsp. Chinese white rice wine
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. chicken granules
1. In a heated wok, add in some cooking oil. When heated, add in ginger slices and stir-fry until fragrant. Add in dried small shrimps and stir-fry until crispy. Add in sliced garlic, and stir-fry until slightly brown.
2. Add in pea sprouts and stir-fry well. Add salt to taste. Stir-fry until reduce in size. Add in Chinese rice wine and chicken granules. Mix well. Serve hot!