Sunday, February 12, 2012

Korean Stir-Fried Fish Cake


While I was at a gathering and strike up a conversation with a lady friend and she mentioned to me about this Korean fish cake banchan/ side dish.  She said it was really easy to make and delicious and I agreed with her.  So, while shopping at H-mart recently, I bought a packet of fish cake to make this banchan.

All of us liked it and it was easy to make.  Furthermore, it keeps well in the refrigerator.  For the next two days, little Edda and me had it as our lunch with some other vegetable banchan.  I think children would like this, just omit the green chili if your kid(s) cannot tolerate spicy food.



Ingredients:

  • 5 fried fish cakes, cut into half and then cut into rectangle pieces (like above picture)
  • 1/2 onion, thinly slice
  • 1/2 carrot, julienne
  • 3-4 Serrano chili, cut
  • 1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
  • Note: you can add 1/4 thinly sliced red bell pepper if you have

Mix in a bowl,
  • 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
  • 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
  • 1 tsp. minced garlic
  • 1/2 Tbsp hot water

Method:

1.  In a hot wok, add in some cooking oil.  Add in fried fish cake and stir-fry it for a while.  

2.  Add in chili, onion and carrot, stir-fry together until the carrot and onion are soften.

3.  Add in sauce and stir well.  When the sauce thicken, turn off the heat and add in toasted sesame seeds.  Stir to mix and serve on a plate.

6 comments:

Belinda @zomppa said...

No H Mart here, miss that! LOVE fish cakes.

tigerfish said...

Not sure if I tried Korean fish cake banchan before...hmmm....if the texture is similar to those gluten (vegetarian "fake" meat"), then probably I have.

Nava K said...

Very nice, simple and easy to make. We will love this as a side to go with our rice, what more it can be stored. I can extra and keep so that on busy days after work, this will handy and a standby dish.

daphne said...

Very tasty! I can see you are totally into korean food these days but i can see why!

Jeannie said...

I love the look of this dish! Looks healthy and delicious!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

I know this is yummy. Beside Korean fried rice, I have yet to try other recipes. If I want to try one day, sure will look for you ^_^