Monday, December 05, 2011

Korean Meal 2


My second set of Korean meal.  Except my potsticker is a Chinese version without any kimchi, not the Korean mandu. Banchan, clockwise from top:  candied lotus root, seasoned spinach, seasoned mung bean sprouts with chili powder, seasoned spicy chayote and lastly Chinese chicken chives potstickers.  Not very authentic as it was served without kimchi as I believe all Korean meal has to include some sort of kimchi.  I am still not a fan of kimchi yet so I don't even attempt to make that.  :P  So, I usually would just prepared the banchan that I like to eat.

Chicken Chives Potstickers/ pan-fried dumplings

I made a big bag of chicken chives dumplings and freeze it.  On the day when I don't have any leftover for my girl to bring for her school lunch, I just boil (healthier and faster) this dumplings and let her bring to school.  She loved boiled dumplings and she always finished it.  If I had some cut broccoli, I would par-boil that and added in with the dumplings for her to bring to school.  Easy for me and delicious for her.


 
For those who are interested in my chicken chives dumpling recipe:
Sorry, I don't have the exact measurement for my Chicken Chives Dumplings.  I didn't check to see how much pound of ground chicken breast that I bought, but roughly should be about 1.5-2lb.  One bunch of chives, cut off roots and wash clean before you chopped into tiny pieces.  Place the ground chicken into a big bowl, add in the chopped chives, stir to blend.  Then, season it with salt, white pepper, some sesame oil, some Chinese rice wine, a little sugar and mix well.  Lastly, drop in an egg, stir and mix and blend well.  Take about a tablespoon and place in a round dumplings wrapper and seal with some water.  Place single layer on a tray.  Freeze it like that before moving them into a ziplock bag so that they won't stick together when freeze.
  
You don't need to defroze it before hand, just drop it frozen into a boiling water to cook or in a little oil non-stick pan for pan-frying.


17 comments:

tigerfish said...

Looks like you love Korean meal :) The similarity of such meals (Korean or Chinese) is a need to prepare a lot of side dishes which takes more time. When I prepare dumplings(or wontons), I like to prepare more and freeze them too.

Belinda @zomppa said...

I wish I was your girl to get some of these dumplings!

Noob Cook said...

I've been watching lots of K dramas and eating lots of Korean food lately hehe, love your meal.

daphne said...

That is a huge complete meal!! And I love the look of the pot stickers- it's perfect!

Retno Prihadana said...

Wouw...all dishes look soooo tempting.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

you also love Korean foods huh..what a yummy spread of Korean dishes you had there, all sound so yummy.

Quay Po Cooks said...

I am not a big fan of Korean drama or Korean food but I will want to try this for sure:D

Little Corner of Mine said...

Yeah Tigerfish, I like Korean meal. :) To me, Korean side dishes required more time to prepare because it required a few and the more the merrier.

Belinda :)

Thanks noobcook. I am watching a T-drama "In Time With You" and loving it. Quite real and thought provoking.

Thanks Daphne.

Thanks Retno.

Thanks Sonia.

Quay Po, :D thanks. Is it because of the Chinese potstickers? :P

Anh said...

I love Korean food!

Do you have the recipe for the chive dumplings BTW? thanks!

Beachlover's Kitchen said...

wow!! impressed!!you must really influenced by Kdrama badly!! lol! I wonder where you got time to prepared all the food? must teach me your kungfu!! ever since stuck with Tdrama,kdrama and hkdrama,my cooking mood also lost!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Anh, I know I used ground chicken breast, one bunch of chives and some seasonings such as salt, pepper, sesame oil, a little sugar, chinese wine and bind it with an egg.

Haha Lesley. When I wanted to eat something, I can find time to do it. ;) This actually a lot of work and washing and took the whole afternoon, but the result was worth it. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Ching,

Please share your recipe for Chive Dumplings. Very interested coz it can be made ahead of time and freeze.

Thanks.

Regards,
Yen

Little Corner of Mine said...

Hi Yen, recipe posted.

Unknown said...

wawwwwwwwww....looks as if straight out of all my favorite dramas and reality shows (do you watch "we got married"?)

Christina Kim said...

Korean meal! Been a long time since I've had one...and you're really good to be able to whip up a whole Korean meal on your own..LOL, especially all those little side dishes :)
Now you make me wanna go for Korean food!:p

Little Corner of Mine said...

Oh yeah Rita, I love "We Got Married"! :)

Thanks Christy. What to do I wanna eat and it's cheaper to make our own. ;) As Korean meal is not cheap here.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ching,

Thanks for the recipe.

Regards,
Yen