Tuesday, November 01, 2011

My Experience with Common Warts and Curcumin

I found an interesting connection or an epiphany recently that I wanted to share with you.  On and off I have been a common warts sufferer for years.  But the most I had was about 1 or 2 warts in one hand and it would disappear after a year or so.  Common warts are small lesions on the skin, usually on the top part of your back fingers or under your fingernails that are caused by HPV, or human papilloma virus.  It is harmless but might leave an unsightly view on your fingers.

In the beginning of this year, I found warts on my fingers again, it started with one, and then it gotten worst and spread to other fingers on my hand.  I had a total of 6 warts on my fingers and 2 more under my fingernails and it looked utterly awful.  I was pretty good at hiding my ugly warts and tough it out until I went to see my OB/GYN (I had this for 4-5 months now), I showed her my hands and of course she recommended the over-the-counter freezing thing to remove it but she said it would be painful.  She said it would never go away.  But I knew it would go away on its own since I had it on and off for years before this.  Just that this time I got it bad, really bad that even I felt disgusted looking at it, it was like another living things attached to my fingers.  Remember during this time, my thyroid hormone was out of whack, I had low metabolism and I believed my immune system was pretty bad as well.  It was still as bad when I went to see my family physician 3 months later, I showed her my warts too and she suggested I try duct tape.  I didn't have duct tape at home at that time and so I didn't bother with it.




Then, about 2 weeks ago I started notice that it got better and then one fine day, all just disappeared!  It just happened so magically that all the warts disappeared in one day that it made me wonder.  What did I eat differently that could have caused this?  This was after I tested normal for my Thyroid test, after I started taking multivitamins and after I started cooking and eating turmeric rice.   It was such a wonder that I wanted to make a connection and I figure it might have something to do with the turmeric rice or curcumin in turmeric that I ate.  Since curcumin is well known for anti-inflammation, antiviral and antibacterial.  I did a search on warts and curcumin and I found this!  There were actually links on curcumin aids in fighting warts and is one of the home remedy in treating warts at home.  Wow!  no wonder!  Since I am the experiment myself, I could say it works when you consume it too.  Not just as a topical treatment.  But in my case, it took about 2 weeks to see result.  5 days a week, about 1 to 2 cups of turmeric rice per day.  You can see my turmeric brown rice recipe here.

I wanted to share this because this is painless, cheap and it really does work!  Now I have beautiful fingers again!  For further experiment, I will see whether it will come back in a year or two, but I assume it won't if I keep eating turmeric brown rice.  :)  I will update here in the future if it comes back or not.  By the way, if you tried this method and it works for you too, please share your experience here.  It would be much appreciated.  :-)

Update:  Some how I stopped eating the turmeric rice as I switched to barley brown rice.  After a while, my common wart returned but it's mild, it's the translucent wart that could hardly spotted.  I have two on my fingers now, one is really small.  I haven't switched back to turmeric brown rice because I like the barley brown rice.  Since it's translucent and doesn't affect me, I might just let it be.

8 comments:

Kay @ Chopstix2Steaknives said...

thanks for this. Definitely have to give this a try as I do ocasionally get it. and definitely much more non-chemical and drug friendly.

Unknown said...

wow! it's miraculous! so good to know. i'll share this tip with those who need it. thanks for sharing!

Little Corner of Mine said...

You are welcome Kay and Rita. :)

Bits said...

wow! this is superb! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

My daughter of 2, is lso having warts all over her face since last Dec till now, and been spreading down to her body. Can you give me an idea what can I cook for her?

Thank you

Lannie Loke

Little Corner of Mine said...

Hi Lannie,

First, I am not a physician, I was just sharing my experience with warts. I read that people who are suffering from wart have low immunity system. So, I would suggest you to increase her immunity. If it is for me, I would buy the children gummy multivitamins and chewable vitamin C for her to take daily. Also, I would make something with turmeric powder for her, at least 5 times a week. I am thinking maybe she would like milk shake? You can buy frozen fruit, or fresh berries, add plain yogurt and milk and sneak in some turmeric powder (about 1/8 tsp.) and blend it together. Avoid fast food, fried food, processed food, potato chips, donut, etc. and just cook her fresh wholesome food with vegetable at least 5 times a week. (Bake chicken tender, salmon, microwave broccoli with butter and thyme, etc.)

This is just my suggestion and you follow at your own risk. Feedback would be appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Thanks for the milks shake suggestion. Will try on her. I won't give her multi vit . I read an article about multi vit. , which is not good - will damage internal organs in long term run.

Lannie Loke

Anonymous said...

I have been investigating natural approaches to fight the HPV virus and agree curcumin is a very powerful 'all around' ammo for your arsenal. Investigate all forms, I have found Curamed by Terry Naturals to be one of the strongest and most pure forms of curcumin, the active ingredient in tumeric .

Another to check out would be both green tea (oral and topical), and DIM (from broccoli). Please see this very informative link below. I HATE this virus and will pray for all of you that are reading this.

http://www.naturalhealthmag.com/health/infection-protection