Did I fool you? Does it looks like spaghetti meatballs? If yes, then you have been fooled. LOL! Those were actually cut-out brats!! You know, with the summer BBQ parties, you might have some leftover brats in your refrigerator or freezer. If you are tired of pairing the brats with hotdog buns (well if one can), then why not pair it with the spaghetti pasta sauce?
If my picture doesn't entice you enough, I don't know what does. Because seriously this was very delicious and one of my best spaghetti sauce recipes. If you tried it, remember to feedback to me ya!
This is the cooked cut-out brats, look like meat balls yeh?
- 1 (1lb) package of Luigi Vitelli spaghetti (or any spaghetti brand of your choice)
- 1 (1 lb 8oz) Ragu super chunky mushroom pasta sauce
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- Sweet Red wine of your choice
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 6 brats (any variety), cut into pieces
- Extra virgin olive oil
1. Cut each brat into 7 pieces, so you should have 42 pieces in all. In a wok, add in a little oil. Throw in the brats and stir-fry well. Add in some red wine, cover the wok and let it cook. Open and stir around until the brats are cooked. Dish out and set aside in a plate. Throw the remaining oil.
2. In a saucepan, cook the spaghetti per package direction until cooked, drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
3. In a saute pan, in medium heat, add in some extra virgin olive oil. Add in diced onion, a dash of salt and soften the onion. Add in garlic, mix well. Add in some red wine, stir and then add in the pasta sauce. Stir-well. When the sauce is hot, add in the cooked brats and dried basil, mix well and turn the heat off.
4. Serve with some cooked spaghetti and ladle the pasta sauce with brats on top. For extra kick, I added my chili in oil (you can add Parmesan cheese/ cheese of your choice) on the pasta sauce for myself and hubby. Absolutely delicious!