I made baked cheesecake cups before back in the old days. Today I wanted to try the no bake version. I had some ginger snaps in my pantry and it worked well as a base for my cheesecake cookie cups. I used a fat free blueberry nonfat yogurt which I was hoping for a light tint of blue hue for this cheesecake cup, but guess not. The yogurt itself was fairly white in color and when mixed with the cream cheese mixture, well as you can see, the end color result of this cheesecake cookie cup.
This recipe yields 9 cheesecake cups and feel free to decorate the top with fresh blueberry or blueberry preserved for colors contrast. This is one easy dessert to make and kids friendly too.
~Yield 9 cheesecake cups
- 9 ginger snaps cookies (as base)
- 0.125oz unflavored gelatin
- 1/8 cup boiling water
- 1 (8oz) cream cheese
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup fat free blueberry nonfat yogurt (or any yogurt of your choice)
9 paper baking cups
1. In a medium glass or ceramic bowl, use an electric beaters to blend together cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Use a spatula and fold in yogurt. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, add in the gelatin and add boiling water. Stir until gelatin dissolves thoroughly.
3. Pour the gelatin mixture into the cream cheese mixture and mix until incorporated.
4. Arrange the baking cups in a muffin tray and add one ginger snap into each cup. Top with 2 Tbsp. of cream cheese mixture into each. Divided equally.
5. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving. Optional: You can top the cheesecake cup with blueberry preserved, or fresh blueberry before serving.