I often buy the big tub of yogurt for my girls when it goes on sales. I came upon this recipe when I opened a strawberry nonfat yogurt for my girls. This easy and healthy muffin recipe attracted me at first glance. As my readers know, I am a sucker for healthy and easy recipe, so this whisk and bake recipe got my vote. This strawberry yogurt came with pieces of strawberry bits so it was a plus and the muffins turned out well. Not very sweet and good for breakfast.
Both my girls loved this muffin as well. Evy would take this as a snack for school and the daddy can grab one before going to the office.
Recipe adapted from Dannon Light & Fit Recipes attached to the yogurt I bought.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins, plumped
- 1 cup Dannon Light & Fit strawberry or vanilla nonfat yogurt (or any brand)
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil or sunflower oil
1. Preheat oven to 375'F.
2. Place paper liners in a muffin tin.
3. In a big bowl, whisk together (A).
4. In another bowl, whisk together (B).
5. Add (B) into (A) and use a spatula and blend both wet ingredients and dry ingredients together.
6. Spoon batter into prepared paper liners and bake for 22-25 minutes (I baked mine for 23 minutes).
~Yields 10-12 small muffins. If 10 muffins is about 180 calories each and if 12 muffins is about 150 calories each.