I saw this easy no bake cheese cake recipe while browsing the Albertson's ad. online. What attracted me to this recipe was that yogurt was used instead of sour cream. Most of the no bake recipe that I came across used sour cream, which was not in my shopping list. So, I was glad to find this recipe.
Just liked the name implies, no baking required, just mixed all the ingredients together, add in gelatin and let it set in the refrigerator. It was not bad at all, I quite liked it, especially it was so easy to make. Definitely can be a dessert that I would bring to a potluck.
I'm also submitting this to Aspiring Bakers #6 Say Cheese (April 2011) hosted by Jean of Noms I Must.
Recipe inspired by Albertson's monthly ad.
- 1 envelope (0.25oz) unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 (8oz) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup strawberry yogurt (or any flavored you prefer)
- Raspberries preserved, as needed (optional)
- 1 prepared 8" graham cracker pie crust (or make your own)
1. In a medium glass or ceramic bowl, use an electric mixer to blend cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in yogurt.
2. In a small bowl, empty the gelatin and add boiling water. Stir until gelatin dissolves thoroughly.
3. Fold in the gelatin mixture into the cream cheese mixture until incorporated.
4. Pour mixture into the pie crust. Drop tsp. of raspberries preserved on top and try to swirl it with a toothpick.
5. Cover with a cling wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours. Slice and serve.