This was an interesting dish and I got the inspiration from a TV cooking show. The taro was soft and the sauce was really fragrant. I didn't add water in this so all the sauce came from the beer. You won't be able to taste any alcohol in this and surprisingly the sauce was sweet with a tint of spiciness from the dried red pepper. I would probably omit the dried red pepper so that I could taste the sauce as naturally as possible. This is a dish that I would make again because all of us liked it.
- Boneless and skinless chicken, cut into big pieces
- Taro, cut into pieces
- 1 can of beer
- 4 whole shallots
- 2 scallion, cut into 2 inches
- Few ginger slices
- 6-8 dried red pepper, soften in water (optional)
- Maggi seasoning sauce or soy sauce
- Salt and sugar to taste
- White pepper to taste
1. In a heated wok with oil, pan-fry the taro until soften. Dish out and set aside.
2. In a saucepan, add in some oil. Add ginger, dried red pepper and chicken, stir-fry until chicken is almost cooked. Add in beer and all the other seasonings. Add in shallots and let it simmer for 40 minutes.
3. Lastly, add in taro and scallion and let it simmer for another 10 minutes. Serve!