This dish was inspired by 1-2-3-4-5 Sticky Spareribs (Tang Chu Pai Gu). Since I don't have spareribs and only chicken, I cooked it differently but with almost the same sauce except I increased the Shaoxing rice wine to 2 Tbsp. Got to say, delicious! Now I have one more chicken dish to serve my family. :-)
I added tofu knots in mine. If you don't have tofu knots in your area, you can omit it. Or you can substitute it with Chinese dried mushrooms or dried beancurd sticks. This sauce is so good with rice, you have to try this dish!
- 2 Tbsp. Shaoxing rice wine
- 2 Tbsp. Chinkiang vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. white sugar
- 4 Tbsp. Kikkoman soy sauce
- 5 Tbsp. water
- Few pieces of smashed gingers
- 3 or 4 chicken thighs or 8-10 chicken drumsticks, chopped into pieces
- 1 bowl of tofu knots, soften in water, drained (optional)
- EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) or any oil
1. In a heated pot, add in some EVOO and gingers. Stir until fragrant. Add in cut chicken pieces and brown it.
2. Add in the 2-2-3-4-5 sauces and stir well. Add in the tofu knots and let it simmer for an hour.
3. Serve with the gravy. Or take out all the chicken and tofu knots and reduce the gravy to half and pour on top of the chicken and tofu knots. Serve with rice. Delicious!!!