Evy was having a fever last week and I didn't think much about it. Fed her some Tylenol and expected her fever to go away soon. We had a potluck picnic in the day and she had been under the hot sun a lot playing and I thought her fever was caused by the heat. Then, I noticed a suspicious looking bug bite on her leg which had gotten worst, red and swollen. And her fever hadn't gotten any better, it had been up and down. So, we took her to see her pediatrician since she was absent from school for three days in a row. He prescript us antibiotic to treat the infected bug bite. 2 days after the antibiotic, I saw that the infected bug bite was clearing. She was back to her normal self too. But we have to take the antibiotic for 10 days.
I made this porridge for her with the thought that it was easier for her to digest. It was really sweet with the drumsticks and dried scallops added into cooking this porridge. She only had a bowl of this and after that she asked for rice. She told me she didn't like porridge and much prefer rice. Oh well... Ended out I was the one that was enjoying the porridge!
- 1 salmon fillet, slice into pieces
- 1 carrot, slice
- 1 bowl of cauliflower, about 1.5-2 cups
- 3 dried scallops, rinsed and soften in warm water, reserved water
- 2 drumsticks
- 1/2 cup of washed rice
- Salt to taste
1. In a pot, add in sufficient water, scallop water, washed rice and drumsticks. Let it boil.
2. When boiling, add in dried scallop, cauliflower and carrot. Turn the heat to low, covered and let it simmer. About an hour.
3. Keep stirring occasionally. Add more water if dry out. Simmer until the porridge is formed.
4. Add in pieces of salmon and covered. Let it cook the salmon. Season to taste with salt. Lightly stir the porridge.
5. Add a dash or two of white peppers powder before serving.