Sunday, September 19, 2010

Flat Rice Noodle Soup (Kway Tiao Deng)


A simple noodle dish can be so satisfying.  I wanted something light instead of stir-frying the rice noodle in oil.  So, I decided to make a pot of chicken vegetable soup to go with it.  Just so happen that I have some chicken bones, so I threw that in along with organic celery, organic carrot, two yellow onions, a piece of smashed ginger, and lemon grass.  Let it simmered for few hours and my stock was ready.


For the topping, I prepared some nai pak, fish balls, fried fish balls, tofu fish cake, ground pork and crispy fried shallots.  Serve it with hot chili padi in soy sauce.  Next time I might just try it with ground pork and veggie.  Evy totally loved this rice noodle soup.  She finished her whole bowl and requested the leftover for her dinner the next day.

10 comments:

Bakericious said...

I love noodle soup, this looks great especially with a lot of ingredients :).

busygran said...

My kind of dish! Good and healthy!

Joyce H. said...

Simple but delicious and satisfying !!! Well done !!!

Belinda @zomppa said...

1. I love rice noodles. 2. I love fish balls. 3. I love this dish.

daphne said...

My kind of meal too. So fulfilling and nutritious.

Anh said...

omg!! I seriously love this dish.

Noob Cook said...

wah full of 'liao' in your kway tiao soup :D~

My Asian Kitchen said...

wish I can have a bowl of hot KTD right now!!yummy!

tigerfish said...

I would finish the whole bowl and ask for more too! So delicious I know.

Charmaine said...

Hmmm... would love a bowl now! I heart kway tiao deng too, love those slippery noodles.