Saturday, July 31, 2010

Soft Whole Wheat Raisin Oats Cookies 2


I liked my Whole Wheat Oats Cranberries Cookies but it was made with butter.  It was delicious with butter, don't get me wrong, but I wanted to experiment it with oil.  To me, using oil is healthier than using butter.  I made this cookie big, as big as a palm of my hand.  I gave some away to a friend.  The rest we ate it all up.  It was good, seriously, and I don't miss the butter.  Even my hubby who normally don't eat my cookies, ate this, he said he needed the calories. (0.0)  My girls loved it especially Edda, after they tried it, they came and told me they are my number one fans again!  LOL!   How cute!  I guess I need to make them more oats cookies since this is about the only time that we eat oats in our house.

Cool on wire rack.

Okay, this cookie is soft and chewy.  I need to experiment with another recipe of mine because I like my cookies slightly crunchy.






Ingredients:

(A)

1 cup canola oil (or vegetable oil)

1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar

(B)

2 egg

2 tsp. pure vanilla extract

1 tsp. kosher salt

(C)

1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour

1/2 tsp. baking soda

(D)

2 cups roll oats
 
3/4 cup raisins

Method:

1. In a big mixing bowl, add in (A), beat with electric beater until creamy. Add in (B) and beat again until combined. Then, add in (C) and beat again until well incorporated. Lastly add in (D) and stir with a spatula until well mixed.


2. Prepare your baking sheets with parchment paper. Turn the oven to 350'F. Use two spoons and scoop some dough and place it on the parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Place the cookie dough 1-1.5 inch apart as it will spread out when baking.

3. Bake for 10 minutes. Cookies will be brown on edges and soft in the center. Remove and let the cookies rest in the baking sheets for 2 minutes before carefully transferring them to cool completely on wire racks. Store cookies in an airtight container. 


~Yield 28 big cookies 

8 comments:

My Asian Kitchen said...

I like soft raisin oats cookies but must try to add wheat like yours...I bet it's must taste great!! I guess your place is not as hot as East coast here..whenever I want to use oven I must watch the weather channel first!haha!

Ling's Passion said...

What a coincident, I also made some healthy snack over the weekend - granola.

Retno Prihadana said...

It´s look really great and healthy.

tigerfish said...

I also prefer slightly crunchy cookies :)

Ju (The Little Teochew) said...

Your girls are very cute!!! I too, like crunchy cookies. :) But these looks really good!

Unknown said...

waw, it's been a while since i made cookies...maybe this weekend ;)

cocoa and coconut said...

I love cookies with raisins etc. Great recipe

Noob Cook said...

I think it's really healthy with the oats and whole wheat flour :)