Thursday, May 20, 2010

Edda's Drawings and Show Piece

I asked her what is this picture about?  She told me, on the right side is we are going out and on the left side is we are coming home.  Mmmmm.....

She said this is a picture of her sister, but the fat version.  Okay, it does look like a person with long hair.

But what about this?  She said this is a drawing about we are going out but didn't know where to go.  Great imagination huh?

She built this and asked me to take picture.

Then, she got excited and said she can make two and asked me to take picture.

Then, she kept building more so I asked her to be in the picture too.  I thought this was pretty good considering she made it closed together without it falling down.  Edda is three years and seven months old.  I would love to see her drawing before she goes to kindergarten.  Her abstract drawing now is too hard to understand.  Look at Evy's drawing before she turned three here.  I have one who draw properly from the very beginning (I'm serious ever since she started drawing, it was always proper drawing), one who draws abstract drawings only she can understand.  Why the huge contrast? 

10 comments:

Belinda @zomppa said...

OK...that is TOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Clever.

Joyce H. said...

I find that Edda draws about how she feels and not what we see as adults. She can describe what she draws. I find that she is fantastic. Every child is different, even when from the same parents. Encourage her further without pressuring her to draw like her sister. Don't correct her or else she will be blocked each time she wants to draw, and once the blockage is there, it will be very difficult to remove this blockage away :-)

tina said...

Oh Ching, that's her and her imagination. She will grow out of it and I think she is so sweet! BTW, I have an award for you, if you like to pick it up at http://peranakanandmore.blogspot.com/

The Cooking Ninja said...

Your girl is so imaginative. :)Their drawing skill will greatly change within a year. I saw it happening with my girl.

Joy said...

Your little girls are adorable.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Hehe Belinda, thanks.

Thanks for the great advice, Joyce! :)

Thanks Tina for the award. :)

Great Cooking Ninja, I hope it changes for her before she goes to kindergarten. LOL!

Thanks Joy. :)

T said...

I actually like her drawing. They're very captivating. And it's interesting to learn what's behind the pictures.

Chris said...

Her drawings are just perfect! Like Joyce said, don't criticize, always, always encourage. Have u seen some of these "modern art" pictures...a blob of red in the middle, or streaks of colours, and they are worth millions??!! Put Edda's picyures proudly on the fridge and make sure u point them out to visitors to your home. It will make her (and u!) proud.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks for your comment T and Chris, it got me thinking. :)

Ju (The Little Teochew) said...

I am fascinated with her drawing, esp that of her sister. It's a beautiful piece. I happen to like abstract art, which is why I kept/am keeping my children's drawings. Lovely post ... Edda's a natural in front of the camera too!