I had to put delicious up there in the title because it was delicious. I used my marbled banana chocolate cake recipe and made it into chocolate banana cupcakes. I invited few friends for a play date and decided to make something for coffee/tea in the afternoon. I made this along with some chocolate chips cookies and I just realized all my snack have chocolate chips in it!
The cupcake was soft, moist, chocolaty and tasted like banana. Truly delectable! I added chocolate chips because my girls loved them. I had to stop them from eating more because this was meant to be shared. ;) At the play date, I noticed that all the kids would pick out the chocolate chips to eat first, my girls included. :) If you like my recipes, put this on your to-try list, you won't be disappointed.
I saw this butterfly silicon cupcake cups at Target and had to buy it, it was 6 for $1 at the Dollar section, how cheap. It was so cute too and I regretted I didn't pick up the flower silicon cups for the same price, as when I went back, it was all gone. :( I guess you paid for quality too, this had some broken pieces and the silicon was pretty thin, but it's usable.
How it looked from the bottom.
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk (I used 1%)
- 2 bananas, smashed (I used frozen)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted (microwave [900watt] for 1 min 40 seconds)
- Extra chocolate chips for decoration (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350'F. Line a baking pan with silicon cupcake cups or line some paper cups in muffin pan. Set aside.
2. In a big bowl, hand whisk together (A). Add in (B), whisk until well blended.
3. Add in (C) and whisk to combine.
4. Use a big spoon and scoop some of the batter into the silicon cups, slightly less than 3/4 full. Place some chocolate chips on top for decoration (optional).
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until a bamboo stick inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Cool on wire rack and store in air-tight container.