Evy was diagnosed with ear infection recently. It was her first and since she didn't complain about her ear ache, I had no way to know. It got worst when her ear infection caused her to have high fever and coughs. Finally we took her to see her pediatrician because we thought she might have flu or H1N1 because the fever was high like 103.7'F. Then, it was diagnosed to be ear infection resulted from stuffy nose and caused the high fever because it was already inflamed. She was given antibiotic for 10 days. How magical was the antibiotic, just one dose and she was feeling much better. I gave her the ibuprofen for the fever and pain as well. Just like the pediatrician said, she would be herself and ready to go to school again.
I thought she was suffering from flu and wanted her to drink more fluid and lighter meal. So, I created this chicken shells soup for her. I only had shells pasta at home thus the used of shell pasta. I added mixed vegetable so that she could have some veggie in her diet. This will definitely be something I would cook when someone is not feeling well at home.
- Olive oil
- 1/2 white/yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 roasted chicken breast (from store), shredded
- 1/2 cup shells
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetable
- Italian seasonings
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper
- Chicken or vegetable stock
1. In a medium size saucepan, add in some olive oil, about 1-2 Tbsp. Add in onion and stir-fry until fragrant. Add in bay leaf, stir-well. Add in grape tomatoes and stir-well.
2. Add in frozen mixed vegetable and shredded chicken breast, stir well. Add a little salt to season the ingredients. Add in chicken or vegetable stock, quite a lot because it is a soup and you want to cook the shell pasta too.
3. Add in the shell pasta, stir and let it simmer until the pasta is cooked. Season to taste with Italian seasonings and black pepper.