Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Pineapple Tarts 2010


These pineapple rolls were also called nastar.  This was the first time I made a successful nastar actually because previously I just couldn't roll the pastry out from the nastar molds that I bought.  It was so hard that I just gave up.  When I went back to Malaysia in 2008, I saw another plastic nastar mold with a push stick to push the dough out, I quickly grabbed one.  And it worked!  It made my life so much easier with this new tool.




















I spent the whole afternoon and only managed to produce 59 nastars, like shown above!  Like I said before, this was one cookie that took time to make and could be finished in on time.  My pineapple pastry and short-cut jam recipes can be found here. 

This pastry is soft and melt-in-the-mouth type. Some were not as pretty because after a while I just wouldn't be bother anymore.  :P  Great thing is it is just for home consumption.

Below is the picture of the mold I used to make this pineapple rolls.

15 comments:

Crystal said...

They look great! I bookmarked your other recipe to try once I move into a place with a proper stove and oven. :)

pigpigscorner said...

I made some nastar rolls without a mould! I really have to get one, they look perfect!

Sook said...

What beautiful tarts! Yum!

Babe_KL said...

which explains why i hv no patience to make cookies esp this! LOL

wishing you and your family a happy, healthy and prosperous Chinese new year!

diva said...

oh these little treats are gorgeous! And the pastry does look so fluffy :) Happy Chinese New Year

mycookinghut said...

Looks really really good!

Big Boys Oven said...

this is awesome, Gong Hei Gong Hei!

Anonymous said...

Can you please show me how your push stick mould looks like. I have diffficulty pushing the dough out with my thumb. Thanks a lot.
Good day.

tigerfish said...

So nice! I actually did not know its other name - nastar.

Anonymous said...

Hi Little Corner of Mine,

Can you please give me the address where you purchased the nastar rolls mould in Malaysia. I want want to buy the mould. Thanks

Marie

Anonymous said...

Hi Little Corner of Mine,

Wishing you and your loved ones a Happy & Blessed Lunar Year.

Marie

Anonymous said...

MMM I love pineaple tarts that look/are homemade. Nothing beats it! :)

daphne said...

They are gorgeous! My pineapple tarts didnt turn out as beautiful! I love what u have done!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks Crystal, hope you like the recipe you bookmarked.

Thanks pigpigs, yeah this plastic mold is pretty cheap. Go get it!

Thanks Sook. :)

Happy CNY to you too babe! Yeah, this required patience!

Thanks Diva, happy CNY to you too.

Thanks mycookinghut.

Thanks BBOven. :)

Posted Anon!

Now you know Tigerfish. ;)

Hi Marie,
Frankly I forgot where I got it from. Not sure whether is Jusco or Giant supermarket in J.B. I went shopping and spotted it and bought it, not sure where. Sorry!
Oh and Happy CNY to you & family too. :)

Thanks Vicky.

Thanks Daphne. :)

SIG said...

Yup, that is exactly the one I have.