Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Cornflakes Cookies without Flour Take 2


























With the advice from youfei, I used honey instead of sugar to help it bind.  I added dried cranberries and walnuts to make it healthier but this is not a healthy cookies because it is packed with butter.  The butter made it really fragrant and when baked, it was really crispy.  This recipe is for those who seeks it, enjoy!  The sweetness is just nice, not overly sweet.

You can add any dried fruits, roasted nuts, chips for baking or anything you can think of  to make it uniquely yours.  Now I know what to make to bring it for Evy's classmates, the chocolate version would be ideal for little kids.  Without nuts, just raisin and cornflakes so all kids can enjoy it.  ^o^






Ingredients:

  • 1 stick of unsalted butter (113g)
  • 2 Tbsp. honey (you can add 1 Tbsp. of sugar for extra crunch)
  • 4 cups packed cornflakes, lightly crushed
  • 1/3 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/3 cup toasted walnuts, chopped


Method:

1.  Microwave butter and honey until melted, about 2 minutes.

2.  Add in the rest of the ingredients.  Stir to mix well.

3.  Spoon teaspoon full into mini paper cups and bake in preheated 350'F for 10 minutes.

4.  Let cool completely before serving.

~Yield about 50 mini baking cups.




19 comments:

daphne said...

Looks so easy! This was what I am waiting for too! THANK YOU!!!

pigpigscorner said...

Oh man..how I wish butter is healthy =P

Little Corner of Mine said...

You're welcome Daphne. :)

Pigpigs, yeah me too. :P

Bits said...

Wow! You have made plenty of cute and good looking conrflakes cookies ya.... they are indeed very lovely.

Noob Cook said...

I'm gonna try this if I have time, coz I think I have all the ingredients except walnut. Haha I love butter, unhealthy never mind as long as yummy :P

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

This is easy and yummy.

LaShaunta said...

Actually, raisins and dried cranberies really aren't healthy, either. They consist of 90 % sugar, so nutritionists sometimes refer to them as 'candy'. They're good though...

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks bits of taste. :)

Haha noobcook, actually you can omit the walnut if you don't have it. This is very easy to make.

Yes, very easy to make Sonia.

Thanks for the info. LaShaunta, actually healthy as in it is good for us especially raisin.

Anonymous said...

hi

how long can it keep it crispyness?
Happy New year to u.

Lalaland

Little Corner of Mine said...

Hi Lalaland,
Not sure, but I just tried one I made a week earlier and it is still crispy. The cookies I made here can keep a long time.

cocoa said...

this is really beautiful.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks cocoa, this is easy to make too.

Tricia said...

Just made this for my son's Valentine's Day tomorrow. He couldn't stop eating it! Hope everyone at his school will like them, too!

Thanks for sharing the recipe! It's delicious!

Little Corner of Mine said...

You are welcome Tricia! :) I made this for the teachers today.

~~Dreams Come True~~ said...

If you would like to have another version that I have learned few days ago.

90g butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 tbs honey
4-5/more cups of cornflakes
Some nuts (i used sesame seeds)

Sorry, but i thought u felt that yours are a little oily, so perhaps u would enjoy this?

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe Dream comes true! Always welcome it. :)

Jade Tiong said...

It looks simple and easy. Thanks for sharing.

Geraldine said...

Hi,

i tried this cookies today. Indeed need to cut down the butter. But i have a problem, my cornflakes don't stick together. But should i do?

Thank you for sharing this recipe :) Enjoy reading your blog :)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Hi Geraldine,

I also had the trouble of all the cornflakes sticking together. The one I did, some cornflakes would fall out. So, place it in a mini baking cup is recommended.