Whoa, it is very COLD here, as I am typing this, it is 15'F (-9'C). The high today is only going to reach 21'F even though it is sunny outside. We had snow shower the previous day and it is going to be a white Christmas for us here. According to the weather forecast, it is going to snow on Christmas day (tomorrow). How to keep warm on such a cold day except staying at home, treat yourself with a cup of hot coffee or hot chocolate, exercising on Wii Fit Plus (this is a great one to keep warm, LOL!) and serving up a bowl of warm soup. Here sharing with you a bowl of my warm soup to warm yourself up and wishing all my readers a joyous and safe holiday seasons. Be happy, be healthy, be stress free, eat healthy and exercise more in the new year!
~Serve about 4 bowls.
- 1000ml water
- 2 chicken drumsticks
- 5 medium size dried Scallops, reconstituted in hot water, save the liquid.
- 6 fish paste tofu cubes, cut into slices
- Some napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 bundle of tang hoon (translucent glass vermicelli), soften in warm water
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt and white pepper to taste
1. In a medium saucepan, add in water and let it boil. When boiling, add in the chicken drumsticks and dried scallops along with the water. Turn the heat to low and let it simmer for an hour.
2. Add in the napa cabbage, fish paste tofu, stir and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Add in tang hoon/vermicelli, season to taste with salt and white pepper. Turn the heat off and add in the beaten eggs, stir to create egg drop effect. Serve hot!