Saturday, November 21, 2009

Stir Fried Vietnamese Noodle



While shopping at my Asian grocery store recently, I spotted this Vietnamese noodle that looked very similar to our Malaysian "Loh See Fun, 老鼠粉" or silver needle noodle. This Vietnamese noodle is made with wheat starch, potato starch and water. Whereas silver needle noodle is made with rice flour, wheat starch and water, thus softer in texture. This Vietnamese noodle has more bite to it. I was glad to find it as I
made my own "loh see fun" before and it was hard work. I used some frozen leftover chicken breast for this. You can use any meat or seafood you like.





Ingredients:

Vietnamese noodle, Poultry, meat or seafood of your choice (I used leftover chicken breast), Carrot, Eggs, Bean Sprouts, Scallion, Garlic.

Seasoning:
Oyster sauce, Dark Soy sauce, Sugar, White Pepper, Sesame oil.

Methods:

1. Heat up a wok, when heated, add in some cooking oil. Stir-fry garlic, carrot and meat/seafood of your choice until no longer pink. Scoop to the side of the wok, add in a little oil when needed. Crack in eggs, stir fry until cooked, mix everything together.

2. Add in noodle and seasonings. Stir fry well. Add in scallion and bean sprouts. Stir-fry for a little while and mix everything together. Taste test, season if needed. Serve hot.




I'm sharing this noodle with Presto Pasta Nights, an event created by Ruth from Once Upon a Feast. This week host is Deb, do go and check out Kahakai Kitchen delicious round up on Nov, 27th!



15 comments:

tigerfish said...

We call it Mee Tai Mak in Singapore. Which section in the supermarket?

Unknown said...

Hi, I used to fry this noodles with long beans and it goes well with the usual Chinese oyster sauce and soy sauce.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Tigerfish, they usually put it in the section where they put fresh noodle, like fresh kway tiao, fresh pho noodle, wanton noodle, yellow noodle, etc.

Hi Tang, oh, I never try it with long beans yet, thanks for the idea.

Food For Tots said...

Yummilicious noodles! Must give it a try if I can find them in the supermarket. ;)

ICook4Fun said...

I remember asking the asian storekeeper for Loh See fun and they laugh at me. It is actually call it 'ngan chum fun' here ha ha.. By the way, I like your noodles especially when it is fried until 'or or' :)

daphne said...

oh oh, i usually have mine in soup! never stir fry. Good idea!

Unknown said...

i should give this a try. i love noodles with more bite :D

Babe_KL said...

gee never seen such noodles here, perhaps i wasnt looking hard enuff :p

Indonesia Eats said...

Love everything about noodle!
Yummy!!!!


Btw I just realized that your blogroll for my blog wasn't updating. I think you use the old RSS.

My suggestion please use this RSS.
http://feedproxy.google.com/TheArtAndScienceOfFood

Retno Prihadana said...

Hmm...yummy noodles!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Daphne, it's yummy when stir-fry, should try!

You better F4T, ;P

Yeah Gert, they called it Vietnamese noodle or Vietnamese rice noodle here.

I heard you Rita. :)

Indo-Eat, thanks for the new RSS link. :* I already fixed it.

babe_kl, hmmm...in M'sia we have our M'sian version, so this Vietnamese version might not be popular. Just a thought.

Thanks retno. :)

pigpigscorner said...

This reminds me of a popular fried tapioca noodle dish in klang. Looks so good!

Ruth Daniels said...

I am so craving a big bowl ful right now! Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights. It's always great when you do.

Deb in Hawaii said...

Loving your noodle dish. I am going to have to look for that noodle in out Asian market here. Thanks for joining in PPN this week!

Aloha,

Deb

Joanne said...

This noodle looks so thick and delicious! I bet I would love the texture.