A lot of people liked my Pandan chiffon cake recipe. I also created a lot of other recipes based on this recipe and here sharing with you another variation of chiffon cake, I called it Coffee Chiffon Cake. Really soft and spongy!
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 Tbsp. Hershey's Specially Dark Cocoa
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 6 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 Tbsp. Irish cream liquor
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350'F (175'C).
2. Combine (A) in a bowl. Stir well to blend. Add (B). Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
3. Beat (C) until moist peaks formed. Gradually add 3/4 cup sugar, beating until stiff and shiny peaks are formed. Fold 1/3 of the egg whites into the egg yolks mixture, fold to mix and then add the rest of the egg whites. Fold gently but thoroughly. Turn batter into ungrease 10" tube pan.
4. Bake for 55-60 minutes or til a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Invert cake and cool completely in pan. When cool, loosen the edges with a thin plastic knife and gently remove the cake.