I made this spice chicken as a side dish for my nasi lemak (fragrant coconut rice). Because my girls couldn't take the ikan bilis sambal (too spicy for them), so I had to come out with a side dish that they can eat with their nasi lemak. I also saved some fried ikan bilis (anchovy) for them. So, my girls version were hard boiled egg, cucumber slices, spice chicken, crispy anchovies and roasted peanuts. They loved the fragrant coconut rice so I wanted them to be able to enjoy this dish too.
Ingredients: (Estimated recipe)
- 2 chicken breast, sliced
- 2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 2 tsp. cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp. fennel seeds powder
- 1/2 tsp. lemon grass powder
- 1 tsp. coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 to 2 tsp. sugar
- Oil ( You can add 1 Tbsp. of oil to keep the chicken breast moist)
- A few Kaffir lime leaves
1. In a bowl, marinate the chicken slices with (A) for few hours.
2. In a heated wok, add in some oil. Stir-fry the chicken for a minute, add in some Kaffir lime leaves, stir-fry until chicken is cooked. Dish out and serve.