With the start of a new school year I have to prepare healthy snack for Evy to bring to school. Luckily her kindergarten is only half day so I only have to worry about her snack for now. Her school stresses on healthy snack and no soda for kids which I like. I made this cookies for her to bring to school. It has honey, raisin, dried cranberries, walnuts and oats (like ingredients for Granola) and I mixed it all and made it into cookies. My kids seem to enjoy cookies more instead of granola alone. So, this is a great choice for them.
~Yields 32 cookies
- 1 egg, beaten
- 125ml canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1 1/4 cup self-raising/rising flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. Put (A) into a bowl. Whisk well. Add in (B). Mix well with a spatula.
2. Use a small cookie scoop and scoop into balls. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper 1.5 inch apart.
3. Bake at preheated 350'F oven for 15 minutes. Or baked in preheated 325'F convection oven for 13 minutes.
4. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring it to cool completely on a wire rack. Store in an air-tight container.