Sunday, August 09, 2009

Vegetable With Tofu



Goodness in one plate again, well be another delicious vegetarian dish, protein and fiber combo. For this dish, I would recommend regular or hard tofu so that it can maintain its' shape. The vegetable I used for this is Chai Hsin (Asian green) and carrot. Again, another easy stir-fry dish using only oyster sauce as seasoning. Evy loved this, not only she ate the veggie but lots of tofu.

In a hot oil, add in chopped garlic, stir-fry for a while, add in the stems (harder part) of the veggie, fry for a little while, add in the greens, fry until soften. Add in a little water and tofu. Then season with oyster sauce, quick stir and serve hot. Quick and easy and I believe anyone can cook this.

13 comments:

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Simpel veggie but delicious to eat..

Big Boys Oven said...

such a simple and delicious dish, easy to dish up!

silverrock said...

Wowie! Those veggies and tofu look very yummy! I just wanted to let you know that I have an award for you on my blog :)

Unknown said...

always love goodnesses in one dish. i just made something like this too last weekend :)

Cindy Khor said...

normally i dare not stir fry tofu with any other dishes as i'm clumsy when handling them and easily smash them to pieces. but i'll try this recipe...

Food For Tots said...

I love your one-dish meal! Simple and nutritious!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Silverrock, thanks for the award. :)

Cindy, the tofu won't break easily if you used firm tofu. ;)

ICook4Fun said...

Simple but wholesome!

Unknown said...

Wow I never knew that you can do a simple dish yet yummy,delicious and healthy. I also saw lots of simple, delicious and healthy recipe from tanya's site http://vegetable-recipes.net/, try to visit it, I like them

Noob Cook said...

This is so healthy and delicious. I need to eat more vegetables :P

Little Inbox said...

Simple stir fried veggies that goes well with rice. I never miss a vegetable dish when I cook rice. Never feel a meal is complete without vegetables.

Chibog in Chief said...

I need more stuff like this, healthy and yummy!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Little Inbox,
I feel the same way too. The meal is not complete without any kind of vegetable. It's a must have for me as well.