I bought few packets of A1 Emperor Chicken Spices when I was in Malaysia. Today, I wanted to try something different with it instead of the usual baking or steaming the chicken. I simmered the chicken instead and added wood ear fungus and wolfberries/ Goji berries/"ke chi". I loved this version too, truly flavorful and delicious.
- 1 packet A1 Emperor chicken spices
- 8 chicken drumsticks, chop into 2 or 3 pieces each
- 1/8 cup of wolfberries
- 1 cup of wood ear fungus
- Few thin slices of gingers
- Cooking oil
1. Add a little oil in a pot. Add in ginger slices and fry until fragrant. Add in cut chicken pieces and fry until slightly brown on the outside. Add in water to almost cover.
2. Add in Emperor chicken spices, wood ear fungus and wolfberries, stir to mix well. Let it simmer in low heat for 1 to 1.5 hours or until chicken is soften.