I have been seeing this dessert circulating around the Web in recent years. I never make an attempt to make it mainly because some called for coconut milk. Then, some was made with evaporated milk but I hardly stock this in my pantry. And it just happen that I have some condensed milk in my refrigerator so "tada!", why not I used condensed milk instead, got some milky flavor and sugar in one. This drink indeed refreshing especially good during Summer when cantaloupe, honeydew and mango are at its cheapest. Very cool and refreshing drink to serve as a drink or dessert during the hot summer days. My girls and I loved it but not my hubby, he said why wasted a cantaloupe for this? *fume* <---me!
- 1 cantaloupe, separate
- 1 cup water
- 4 tsp. condensed milk
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1/4 cup mini sago pearls/ tapioca pearls
1. In a small saucepan, boil water. When boiled, add in tapioca pearls, boiled for 10 minutes uncovered, then turned off the heat, covered and let it sit for 15-20 minutes or until the tapioca pearls turned transparent. Drain in a sieve with cold running water. Set aside.
2. Cut the cantaloupe in chunks for blender and reserved 1/4 (cut into small cubes) to add in later.
3. In a blender, add in water, chunks cantaloupe and condensed milk. Puree and blend until fine, add in crushed ice and blend until smooth.
4. Pour mixture into a serving bowl, add in tapioca pearls and cubed cantaloupe. Mix and serve cold.
5. Keep leftover in the refrigerator.