The only time I would make a banana cake is when I have some banana freeze up in the freezer. Sometimes we would have one banana left that was too ripe and nobody wanted to consume it. So, I put it in the freezer bag and left it in the freezer. When I have two in the freezer, that's the time I would make this cake for breakfast. This banana cake is made with butter and thus it's not that oily. Don't get me wrong, I like banana cake made with oil too as it's very moist but sometimes it can be quite oily.
- 1 stick + 6 Tbsp. butter, soften
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups cake flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 big banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 tsp. banana essence
1. Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy with an electric mixer.
2. Pour in eggs, one at a time and beat until creamy.
3. Add in milk, mashed banana and banana essence and mix well.
4. Add in cake flour, baking powder and baking soda and beat until combined.
5. Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan and bake in preheated 350'F oven for 35 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before inverting it to cool completely on a wire rack. Store in air-tight container.