We loved panna cotta but it was so fattening. So, I was trying to cut down some of the saturated fat in this delectable dessert by cutting down on the heavy cream and used whole milk. I placed it in a jelly mold which was probably not the best idea as it was stuck to the mold. I had to use the satay stick to scrape it down, thus the broken design. Despite the ugly look, it tasted divine. Still fattening but a reduced fat version.
I modified some of the ingredients from this recipe. Next time I would probably use 55g palm sugar in (A) and skip the whole syrup step.
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 20g palm sugar
- 7g powder gelatin + 1/4 cup water
- 40g palm sugar
- 1/4 cup water
1. Add (A) in a pot and bring to boil, stirring to dissolve the palm sugar. Remove from heat.
2. Combine gelatin and water and add into the pot. Stir until gelatin is dissolved.
3. Place the pot into a container that contains ice cube and cold water and stir the mixture until it cool. (I omitted this step)
4. Divide the mixture into cups and place in refrigerator to harden.
5. For the syrup, add palm sugar and water into a pot and bring to boil. Stir to dissolve the palm sugar.
6. Before serving, add some syrup on the panna cotta.