Saturday, June 14, 2008

Strawberry Toast



Strawberries are abundance these days. In fact all the berries are in season and all are on sales. If you love berries, this is the time to buy and enjoy until you drop. With the strawberry tarts and mixed berries tarts popping every where in the supermarkets and blogs, I got inspired to make my easy Strawberry Toast.

You only need four ingredients to make this delicious toast.
1. Whole wheat or whole grain bread
2. Nutella spread
3. Philadelphia whipped mixed berries cream cheese spread (or other flavor)
4. Strawberry, cut into slices


1. Toast the whole wheat bread in the toaster until toasted. Slice off the sides.


2. Spread generously with Nutella spread.


3. Top with whipped cream cheese spread (flavor to your liking).


4. Top with slices of fresh and sweet strawberry. And then enjoy each bite of this delicious toast.

I served this to my parent in-laws and got rave reviews. Do give this easy morning breakfast or afternoon snack a try.

17 comments:

Par said...

Amazing how you make something look so simple look so good.

Sweet Jasmine said...

lovely toast..but here strawberrys are expensive..

Retno Prihadana said...

Hmm...chocolate and strawberry, I like both. I haven´t try it together :).

tigerfish said...

I like your toast cos very very generous in ingredients. So nice...

Kess And Her Mama said...

Looks yummy. Your food pics are very good.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Hehe..thanks Kay.

Thanks SJ. Oh yeah and the strawberries are small and sour. :(

Retno, you should! :)

Thanks Tigerfish.

Thanks Kess & her mama.

Beachlover said...

creative idea.!!.too bad my 3/4nutella"choy yik"(stale) smell..I bought 3 punnet strawberry last week,still left one punnet,dunno what to so with it.maybe I should just blend as Strawberry daiquir!!hehehe!

Chibog in Chief said...

this is so simple and yet gorgeously delicious!! strawberries and chocolate is a match made in heaven!! :-)

btw, i would love to invite you on a site that i build..but i dont know where to contact you :-) thanks

Sri said...

Awesome idea! My kids will love this.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Beachlover,
Can't wait to see your strawberry daiquir as I have no idea what is a daiquir. :P

Thanks Dhanggit. Just signed up! :)

Thanks Sri. Hope your kids enjoy this. :)

daphne said...

I love the colours! red and brown- nice!

Dwiana P said...

Easy to make and sure kids love it!

Unknown said...

wow wow wow

i love crustless bread hehehe

ehm...i might replace the strawberries with...more chocolate! ehehehe naughty me!

Big Boys Oven said...

give you a thumbs up for your creativity! well done! we love it! simply yat so classy!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks daphne, dwiana, rita and BBOven. :)

www.cakes-zoo.blogspot.com said...

hmm YUMMY! those are great for breakfast ^^

Anonymous said...

yummy. my daughter and I like to use the teensy pink (strawberry) bagels and top them with the fluffy mixed berry cream cheese and berries (strawberry or raspberry) we call them "princess breakfast" and now we will be trying them with a bit of nutella on top too. great idea!