Thursday, June 12, 2008

Scallops Mapo Tofu



I was trying something new. Instead of the usual ground meat, I replaced it with chopped sea scallops. I know I shouldn't use sea scallops in this dish, a bit wasted to cut the beautiful big scallops into small pieces. But then again, everything still go into the tummy, so it didn't really matter. But of course it's cheaper to use bay scallops as you don't even have to cut it into small pieces but to just use it as it is, cost wise, it's so much cheaper too.

I bought the LKK mapo tofu spicy bean curd paste recently and decided to give it a try. Hmm... I haven't gotten use to the paste yet and it needed more to make it tasty. I added some sugar, sweet dark soy sauce and some spicy chili bean paste and still find the flavor not to my liking. I will post the recipe once I perfected it. First time using this paste and I still need to play around with it.

8 comments:

Indonesia Eats said...

I love sea scallops. I hope you don't mind to save me some :) *kidding*

Chibog in Chief said...

oh the photo makes me drool!! i normally use scallops grilled or fried on the pan with herbs. i never realised it could be great too with bean curd like this! yummy

Par said...

I use seafood too sometimes, taste great.

Beachlover said...

Hmmm.I always cook tofu for Mishu but never cook MPTF b4..maybe I should cook one for myself.Yum-yum!!One for me extra spicy and seafood!!

Lia said...

hmmmm another idea to cook tofu, i like it! for sure yum

Little Corner of Mine said...

I-eats, hehe, feel free to eat from the screen. :P

Thanks Dhanggit, another way to cook scallop ya. ;)

Agreed Kay!

Beachlover, now you can try MPTF!

Thanks Lia.

tigerfish said...

The LKK hot bean paste is good. Maybe you should add more. Scallops are good addition. 鲜味十足 !

Dwiana P said...

Oh dear, I love this food!! very taste and the most important is TOFU!