I have some cream cheese that needed to be used so I was searching for a cream cheese cookies recipe and I found this recipe at GroupRecipes shared by trackwidow 8 years ago. This cookie is crunchy and simply delicious. The sweetness is just nice too, I would definitely make this recipe again. Thank you trackwidow for sharing this wonderful cookies recipe.
I packed some of these delicious cookies to share with Edda's teacher too! She said she loved this yummy cookies! YES!! :)
2 sticks of butter, softened
1 (8oz) cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups cane sugar
1 large brown egg
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. almond extract
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1. In a large bowl, cream together butter and cream cheese, then add sugar and beat until fluffy.
2. Add egg and extracts, beat well.
3. Add in flour and baking powder, mix well.
4. Divide dough into 1/3 and shape each dough into log shape and wrapped in a cling wrap and put into freezer. The cookie dough should keep well for 3 months in the freezer.
5. Take it out and cut with a knife and place on paper lined parchment paper. You can decorate the cookies if you wish or leave as is.
6. Bake in preheated 375'F oven for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Store in an air-tight container. Enjoy!