Saturday, July 25, 2015

Stir-Fried Rice Sticks with Korean Fish Cake


I bought a packet of rice cake just because I had it in a restaurant and thought it was pretty good and I should buy it and cook at home.  Since I had the last 2 pieces of Korean fish cake in the freezer so I thought why not used it in this dish and so this dish was created.  I had some bean sprouts and chives from frying Char Kwey Tiao just two days before so I used that and added some carrot.  My girls loved it and it is good with Sriracha sauce too!  Just spice it up a little ya!


This is how the rice cake looks like from the package.  I cut each strip into half for easier consumption.  It was chewy and delicious.  I have never have it in soup or hot pot before, wonder how it would taste like?  Perhaps next time I should use this in mala hot pot and try it myself huh?




Ingredients:

I packet of rice sticks shown above
1 or 2 pieces of Korean fish cake, sliced
1 carrot, julienne
1 small bunch of chives, cut into 2 inch length
1 bowl of bean sprouts
4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 large eggs

Seasonings:
Dark sweet soy sauce, fish sauce, oyster sauce, white pepper, sea salt and a little sugar.


Methods:

1.  Heat up the wok, when heated, add oil.  When hot, add in the beaten eggs, stir-fry until cooked,  dish out and set aside.

2.  In the same wok, add in more oil.  Add garlic, fry until slightly yellow, add in carrot and rice sticks.  Stir-fry until rice stick is soft, add a little water if needed.

3.  Add in rice cake and fried eggs, stir to mix and season with seasonings listed. Lastly add in the bean sprouts and chives, stir-fry well to mix.  Season to taste if necessary.  Dish out and serve hot!  Enjoy!




1 comment:

tigerfish said...

Very similar to Chai Tow Kueh (fried radish cake) or Cha Kueh (fried rice cakes):P and I like the use of Korean rice cakes in this.