Tuesday, March 11, 2014

PURO Fairtrade Coffee

I am a coffee drinker and love my morning cup of coffee to kick start my day.  So, imagine the joy I felt when I read that 2 cups of coffee a day is actually good for us.  Sometimes I would have another cup in the afternoon or evening but not more than 2 cups a day.  Not long ago, I was contacted by Puro Fairtrade Coffee to give their coffee a try and write a honest review about it. Frankly, I have not heard of Puro Fairtrade Coffee (of course because they are not in the U.S. market yet, but quite popular in Europe) so I just ignored it.  But luckily she was persistent and wrote to me again so I thought why not and decided to try their coffee.


As I becoming more health and environmental conscious, I favor organic farming, sustainability and fairtrade practices.  We need to give back to the earth so that the earth can provide.  So, I like what Puro Fairtrade Coffee stands,  they understand that people and planet are just as important as profit so they want to give back and also help to preserve the rainforest.  Some history behind Puro. Puro was created by Miko in 2004.  Miko is family owned and Belgian born in 1801 and is one of the oldest coffee roasters in the world. This is a brand dedicated to sourcing ethical shade grown Fairtrade coffee that also addresses environmental issues.  A percentage of global Puro coffee sales is strategically directing into the purchase and protection of rainforest in coffee producing countries.  Watch this documentary that they proudly made last year to learn about who they are and what they do to give back to the environment.


Puro has four types of coffee.  Puro Organic- made with 100% finest organic Arabica beans.  Medium roast combining with notes of sweet chocolate with tangy cirtus.  Puro Noble and Puro Noble Decaf- 80% finest Arabica + 20% premium robusta content.  Rich and lively medium roast, with hints of fruit and hazelnut. Lastly, their Puro Fuerte- 50% finest Arabica + 50% premium robusta content. Fragrant dark roast with a touch of spice and a full body.  I tried the Puro Noble first and the coffee was smooth with a hint of fruit.  I couldn't tell whether I could taste the hazelnut since I am not a coffee expert.  If you support what this company do to the environment, give them a try!  As of now, you can only buy it online but they are also currently looking for a US distributor, if you like what they do and want to be a distributor, please visit this link for more information and see more short films.

Disclaimer:  I received free products in exchange for a honest review.  This post was written with my own opinion.


1 comment:

Get Proper Cofffee said...

I wanted to let you know that PURO Coffee will be available for the first time in the US!

Go to www.getpropercoffee.com for the first authorized US Distributor.

There's a campaign on Indiegogo going on right now to give everyone in US 30% off all pre-orders + FREE SHIPPING + 20% off future orders. Act quick! Once the campaign is over, they will only distribute to Ohio!

Click here for the link to Indiegogo:
http://igg.me/at/-aTojACBKHA

If they reach goal, you'll get twice the fair trade coffee & tea! If you refer 5 people, you get it for FREE!

Share the great news on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest...!!
https://www.facebook.com/getpropercoffee
twitter @getpropercoffee