Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Arugula Elk Garlic Pasta


I love the Sweet & Spicy Tuna Arugula Pasta that I made earlier.  But this time I wanted to try it with ground elk meat ( of course you can use any ground meat of you choice as a substitute) that I bought at Sprouts.  Got to say, this combination tasted better with the sweet and spicy tuna, but it was not too bad either.



Ingredients:

1 ground elk patty
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 package Angel Hair pasta
1 bowl organic Arugula
Dashes of red pepper flakes
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste

Saw this at Sprouts and couldn't resist.  This pack let me made three different dishes, one was the above, one with mapo tofu, and the last patty for stir-frying with mushroom.


Method:

1.  Cook the angel hair pasta as packet direction, set aside.  Reserve some pasta water for later.

2.  Heat up your frying pan, when heated, add the extra virgin olive oil.  Add in the ground elk, break it up and keep stirring.  Add garlic and red pepper flakes, mix well.

3.  When the elk meat no longer pink, add in the pasta.  Mix well.  Add some pasta water to moisten.  Add in arugula and stir well until the arugula is soft.  Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.  Serve hot.

6 comments:

Salleefur/Jesselyn/Jesster said...

I have no idea where I could find Ground Elk around here - but I happen to have Ground Lamb and Arugula (and always plenty of Garlic) on hand - so I'm going to try this tonight using the Lamb - I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks,

Jesselyn Andersyn
(Jessterlyn(at)aol(dot)com)

Juliana said...

Nice and simple weekday meal...although I have never cooked with elk meat...I can imagine how tasty this pasta dish is...I too shop at Sprouts...but have noticed elk meat.
Hope you are having a wonderful week :D

tigerfish said...

I have seen elk in Sprouts but I have not tried it. Does it taste "gamey"?

daphne said...

How interesting! Never had elk meat before.. Wonder what it tastes like.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Tigerfish, not "gamey" at all, just a little bit tougher than ground beef.

Cathleen said...

This looks fantastic! I have never tried elk before, but I`m intrigued!