Monday, February 10, 2014

Crisp Citrus Cookies


This Crisp Citrus Cookie is really easy to make by using a food processor.  This is requested by Evy and also I wanted to test out the new cookie cutters that I bought from Amazon.  I think I scored this cookie cutters pretty cheap at Amazon, each pair cost less than $2 each, but I can't remember the specific amount.  Since it was shipped from China, it took awhile to arrive but I can't complain since the shipping was free. If you are in the US and want this kind of cookie cutters, you can buy it via Amazon.  They have a lot of different characters to choose from as well.


Crisp Citrusy Cookies

Ingredients:

(A)
1 1/2 cup self-raising flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Zest of 2 oranges, minced it

(B)
1 stick or 1/2 cup of butter, soften
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 tsp. pure lemon extract
1 Tbsp. almond milk (or milk)

Method:

1.  In a food processor, add in (A).  Pulse to mix.

2.  Add in (B), pulse until a dough is formed.

3.  Flour your work surface, drop in the dough and give it a few kneads.  Roll with a roller until about 1cm thickness and cut with your favorite cookie cutter.  Place on parchment lined baking sheet.  Finish the rest.

4.  Preheat oven to 350'F.  Bake for 18-20 minutes.  Cool on wire rack completely before transferring it to an air-tight container.

5 comments:

Veronica said...

Wow, so cute and adorable!

tigerfish said...

Cute Hello Kitty! Cute Mickey(or Minnie)! Cute Miffy (is that correct? Miffy?)! I will be surprised if I get them correct :P

Victoria Bakes said...

i'll most likely wrap these neatly and pin it up on my workstation... too cute!

Juliana said...

So cute theses cookies...I like the orange zest in the cookies...yum!
Have a great week Ching :D

WokandSpoon said...

Love the Hello Kitty and Miffy cookies! I think I have the same Hello Kitty one (on the left) somewhere. Going to have to dig it out now :-)