Thursday, April 18, 2013

Chinese Watercress Soup


I made this soup occasionally so I thought I had posted the recipe in my blog, but when I went to search for it, I couldn't find it.  Only then I realized I haven't posted the recipe.  So, I shared it here for my record so that next time if my girls want to make it, they would know where to look for the recipe.

The health benefit of watercress is plenty and it has been dated since ancient time.  It is high in calcium, iron, Vitamin C, beta-carotene, folic acid, potassium, phosphorous and rich in fiber, iodine and anti-oxidants.  You can read more about it here.  It is also a cooling food for Chinese.




Ingredients:


2-3 drumsticks or pork ribs with bone
10 red dates
2 honey dates
1 piece of fresh ginger, smashed (about 1-1.5 inch)
1 bunch of watercress, washed and rinsed
1 Tbsp. wolfberries. goji berries 
8 dried longans
1500ml water
Sea salt to taste

Method:

Put everything in a slow cooker, except sea salt and turn on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.  Then, season to taste with sea salt. 
 

1 comment:

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

a soup that I like to cook often.