I am making my own cookies and bread for my family. This is one of the cookies that I made for my girls. My girls like this a lot and this is my second batch. I will probably keep making this until I finish the container of the fruit cake mix that I have. This recipe is almost the same as my whole wheat and oats cookies recipe except I added the fruit cake mix and needs minor adjustment. Very easy, no mixer required. Just a bowl, a hand held whisk and a spatula.
This cookie is crispy with a chewy bite from the fruit cake mix. While baking with the fruit cake mix, I learned that you shouldn't over bake your cookie or else the fruit cake mix will become hard instead of chewy.
If you have a container of fruit cake mix some where, why not give this recipe a try?
(Yields 34 cookies with a cookie scoop)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 tsp. PURE vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 1/8 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup fruit cake mix
1. Preheat the oven to 350'F. In a bowl, whisk together (A).
2. Add (B) and mix with a spatula until combined.
3. Use a cookie scoop and scoop each cookie on parchment paper lined cookie sheet (like photo above). Arrange 1 inch apart as this cookie will expand slightly while baking.
4. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before transfer the cookies to cool completely on wire racks. Store in an air-tight container.