Monday, June 18, 2012

Instant Korean Jjajang Noodle


I like Korean Jjajang noodle or Jajangmyeon.  I made it several times using the recipe here.  But I found a quicker way to enjoy the jajangmyeon that is to use the instant jjajang noodle.  The instant one tasted just as delicious.  Just add extra fresh ingredients to make it more nutritious.   I bought this at H-mart and I think you should be able to find it at any Korean supermarkets.

How the package looks like.



In a pot, add in sufficient water and bring to a boil.   At the mean time, add in the dried veggie that came with the noodle.  Add in cubed zucchini, sliced king trumpet mushroom and fish cake.  When boiling, add in the noodle.  When the noodle is soften, stir with chopstick to break open the noodle.  Let it cook like package instruction.  Drain the water away and leave with about 3 tablespoons of water.  Add the seasonings and oil.  Stir to mix well.  Serve hot and enjoy!

10 comments:

Belinda @zomppa said...

This is one of my absolutely favorite dishes!! Oh, the instant might be way too addictive.

WokandSpoon said...

Never tried this before. Looks very tasty!

Unknown said...

wa wa wa wa! i tried this too! i found it a tad too sweet thought... added soy sauce to it :)

Nava K said...

I bought a packet of Korean instant noodles with 6 individual noodles inside. I just eat one and the rest is sleeping in my pantry.

Its time I bring it out and try this simple recipe. I am too lazy to cook elaborated meals on weekends and this is perfect, also my other loves noodles for night.

Mabel @ mdcooksfor2 said...

I love instant jjajang myun. Different for sure but a good kind of different! I also like to add more veggies and meats to my instant ramen.

Juliana said...

I never had this noodles before...will have to search for it :)Looks very tasty!
Hope you are having a great week!

Noob Cook said...

love instant noodles and anything Korean!

tigerfish said...

I will try to look for it! Thanks for the recommendation. I do have cravings for instant noodles once in a while.

Unknown said...

Where can i find this ramen? Is it halal?

Little Corner of Mine said...

Hi Siti,

I bought it at a Korean supermarket in the U.S.A. No idea if it is halal.