I took out too much of the seaweed for my seaweed gochujang soup, so the best way to use up all the seaweed is to make it into salad. I had a similar seaweed salad with cucumber and thought it was really refreshing. My girls loved seaweed so they helped me finished this except the onion, the raw onion was just too pungent for them. Not only for them but for me as well but since I was raised not to waste food, I had to finish all the onion. You can omit the onion if you want. I did another version here which uses sesame paste and sesame oil which we liked better.
- Dried seaweed, soak in cold water, when soften, washed and dried, about 1 bowl
- 1/3 English cucumber, cored and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 carrot, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced (use white onion)
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. granulated cane sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Toasted sesame seeds to suit
1. Par-boil and cut the seaweed into 1-inch pieces. Place in a glass bowl.
2. Add the cut cucumber, onion and carrot into the same seaweed bowl.
3. In another bowl, add in vinegar, sugar and salt, stir to melt the sugar.
4. Pour the vinegar mixture into the seaweed mixture. Stir to blend well.