Sharing a picture of my chocolate whole wheat oats buns that I made for our breakfast. I added cocoa powder just for fun and stuff a few chocolate chips as filling. The above picture is the unbaked buns but ready for oven.
This is the baked buns. Guess I shouldn't decorated the buns with chocolate chips on top as it soften and sort of melted a little when baked in the oven. Kinda messy for my girls to eat too. But they loved the chocolate chips as filling!
Ching's Chocolate Whole Wheat Oats Buns
- 400ml milk (2%, 1% or fat free)
- 2 Tbsp. butter, cut into small cubes
- 5 tsp. granulated cane sugar
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup bread flour minus 2 Tbsp. (scoop out 2 Tbsp.)
- 2 Tbsp. specially dark cocoa powder (or normal cocoa powder)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. instant yeast
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips, as needed
1. In your bread maker, add ingredients according to what I listed above except the chocolate chips. Press to Dough function and let it run its cycle.
2. After that, take out the dough, punch it and give it a few kneads. Divide into balls. Take one ball dough, flatten it and place some chocolate chips inside. Close it and shape into ball. Arrange in a butter spray pan (round, square, rectangle, any pan you have). Finish the rest. You will need 2 pans. Let it proves for a second time until double in size, about an hour.
3. Preheat oven to 375'F. Bake for 12 minutes. Cool on wire rack before storing in an air-tight container. Should remain soft up to 3 days.