This could easily be a one dish meal because it had all the goodness in one plate. Lean protein from the skinless and boneless chicken breast, celery (lower blood pressure, anti-cancer compounds), zucchini (vitamin C), carrot (beta-carotene, good for eyes sight and anti-oxidant) and wood ear fungus (high in iron, good in blood circulation, low in calories and prevention of tumors). You know, it might be hard to keep track of the nutritional benefits of each fruit/veggie. But once you know that what fruit/veggie is good for you, just make sure that it's on your lunch or dinner menu often. Making sure your plate is colorful is important too as different color provides a different nutritional benefit for your body.
- 1/2 boneless and skinless chicken breast, cut into small cubes and season with salt, rice wine, pepper and cornstarch
- 1/2 bowl of dried wood ear fungus, soften in warm water, drain and set aside
- 3 stalks of celery, wash and cut like pic. above
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly cut
- 1 zucchini, wash and cut into cubes
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Pantai's chili paste with soy bean oil (Available in the Asian market selling Thai's product)
- Fish sauce to taste
- 1 tsp.dark soy sauce
1. In a heated wok, add in your choice of cooking oil. When hot, add in marinated chicken and garlic and stir-fry until cooked. Add in zucchini and celery and carrot and stir-fry well.
2. Add in wood ear and stir-fry well. Add in chili paste in soy bean oil. Add a little water if needed. Season to taste with fish sauce and add in the dark soy sauce. Fry to blend well and serve.